Skip to main content

No one hurt in smoky fire at Chinese restaurant

November 14, 2013

Photo by Ted Lutz – Members of the Kane Volunteer Fire Department stand outside the Peking Wok Chinese restaurant at 79 Fraley St. in Uptown Kane. A fire in a lighting fixture Wednesday evening caused the restaurant to fill with heavy smoke.

No one was injured Wednesday evening in a smoky fire at the Peking Wok Chinese restaurant at 79 Fraley St. in uptown Kane.
Kane Fire Chief Tim Holt said the fire erupted in a ballast for a florescent light. This light is used for backlighting for a large Chinese landscape picture on the wall of the restaurant.

Wolves' quarterback Shane Rolick gets set to throw a pass downfield during Saturday's scrimmage...
Kane High fall sports teams got their official practices underway this week. Here, members of the...
These are two of the 78 women who participated Tuesday in the Ladies Open at Kane Country Club....

 

Classified Ads

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes