Skip to main content

No one hurt in smoky fire at Chinese restaurant

November 14, 2013

Photo by Ted Lutz – Members of the Kane Volunteer Fire Department stand outside the Peking Wok Chinese restaurant at 79 Fraley St. in Uptown Kane. A fire in a lighting fixture Wednesday evening caused the restaurant to fill with heavy smoke.

No one was injured Wednesday evening in a smoky fire at the Peking Wok Chinese restaurant at 79 Fraley St. in uptown Kane.
Kane Fire Chief Tim Holt said the fire erupted in a ballast for a florescent light. This light is used for backlighting for a large Chinese landscape picture on the wall of the restaurant.

The Kane Area School District requires student-athletes to take a Baseline test prior to the first...
The Kane Tornado midget football team held its first ever flag football program this summer for...
Cole Young will be certainly have a story to share with his classmates when he returns to the fifth...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes