Skip to main content

No one hurt in smoky fire at Chinese restaurant

November 14, 2013

Photo by Ted Lutz – Members of the Kane Volunteer Fire Department stand outside the Peking Wok Chinese restaurant at 79 Fraley St. in Uptown Kane. A fire in a lighting fixture Wednesday evening caused the restaurant to fill with heavy smoke.

No one was injured Wednesday evening in a smoky fire at the Peking Wok Chinese restaurant at 79 Fraley St. in uptown Kane.
Kane Fire Chief Tim Holt said the fire erupted in a ballast for a florescent light. This light is used for backlighting for a large Chinese landscape picture on the wall of the restaurant.

The Kane High trap team hosted South St. Marys on Thursday in a rematch of last season’s league...
With Saturday’s forecast calling for sunny skies and high temperatures in the mid to upper 60s,...
The Kane Softball team was winless last season but put that losing steak behind them with a win...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes